Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Travels...

The last month has been filled with nonstop traveling for me. As my last post indicated I spent the beginning of July in California. Four days after my return from California I took a road trip with Chrissy and the babies and their golden retreiver to Chicago. We drove straight through and it took about 30 hours each way. The road trip was quite the experience and I can say without a doubt that I will never take a roadtrip with a child who doesn't understand the concept of time (10 minutes into the trip Mitchell was asking if we were there yet).


After we finally arrived in Chicago we had a lot of sleepless nights but overall I had a good time. The food was amazing and it was a totally different world up there. I wish I had been able to see more of the city but that wasn't really possible with 3 kids and a dog. We did visit the Museum of Science and Industry and spent one night walking around and shopping downtown.





The babies had a great time except for little Olivia who was in the process of getting 4 teeth during the trip. I was definitely ready to get home by the end and get some much needed sleep. After arriving back in Arizona I was able to spend a little time relaxing and getting things done but I was also working and trying to get my truck fixed (it was in an accident while my friends were borrowing it). I also had to face something that I had hoped I would never have to face again, another break in. My condo was broken into for the second time. They smashed through my sliding glass door and stole a bunch of my roommates things and a few of my DVD's. I was just happy that I wasn't home this time when it happened.


After about a week of being home I left once again and headed up to Flagstaff with my boyfriend. He was working up there so I went with him and we had a great time. I got to look at the NAU campus and go to the Lowell Observatory. We also drove around the mountains and it was beautiful. It rained every day we were up there which was a nice change from the heat in Phoenix.








From Flagstaff we drove up to Colorado to Lauren's parents cabin. It was amazing up there. Never could I have imagined how beautiful it could be with all the sunflowers growing wild. The cabin was built by his dad and grandfather and is on the Conejos river and I loved it up there. Other than a few mosquito bites it was absolutely perfect. We went rafting down the river, hiking up to a waterfall, and spent a day at a spa.









5 comments:

KT said...

oh my goodness, the pictures are amazing. is the spider on the flower the one you took when we were talking? i love you.

Unknown said...

Time is such an arbitary concept to a child. The most dreaded words on any trip must be, "Are we there yet?" Anyway, thanks for the pictures. My favorite is of you sitting on the rocks.

Ashley said...

So pretty! I like the pictures, they're very cute. I was going to say something poignant...but I can't remember...maybe I will later. :)

Ashley said...

I really like the one w/ the two of you in the boat. (I remembered :D)

Nell said...

You are a smoking hot wilderness girl!